Thursday, July 17, 2014

It's a Boy!

On Tuesday, June 24th we held a gender reveal party for our closest friends and family in the area.  It was so much fun!! Derek and I went to the doctors appointment early that morning and found out it was a boy.  We were so excited and happy and it made everything feel so much more real!  Derek and I went out to lunch to celebrate and while Derek went back to work, I prepared for the party with my awesome Bird family.  We decorated and cooked all day. And I had to try really hard not to spill the gender until the party!



  The party started at 6 o' clock and the games began!  People came in and picked a gender guess (Team Blake or Team Allison) while filling out wishes for the baby papers.  We played Old Wives Tales and listened as my father read aloud all of the baby wishes while guessing who wrote them. 




 Then it was time for everyone to grab a silly string and head outside to find out blue or pink!  All of girl guesses were on one side, the boy guesses on the other.  Derek and I stood in the middle and got doused with BLUE silly string!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment