Thursday, July 17, 2014

Finding out there is a life form in me...Sunday, April 6th, 2014


As crazy as it was, after a year of marriage, Derek and I decided to try to have a baby.  I was anxious to see a positive result as soon as possible which is why I probably went through too many expensive pregnancy sticks!  The first picture is the test stick I took the day before the pregnant result showed up; if your eyes are tricky enough, you can see a faint line going through the negative line making a plus.  As an anxious mother to be, I relied on that faint line while my husband told me he didn't want me to get my hopes up.  Well, at about 6 am the next day, I took one more test (even though I said I was going to wait a couple of days...) and I must have believed my husband because when I saw the "pregnant" label post after about a million years of watching a loading bar in anticipation, I couldn't believe my eyes.  I started shaking and crying all at the same time because it just got super real!  I was in the bathroom excited to wake my sleeping husband and tell him the news.  When I hopped on the bed to tell him, I caught the poor boy off guard and he instinctively reached for his gun!  Woops!  Once he woke up a little, he was very excited and we both just sat there in shock.  That first moment when you realize it's not just trying to have a baby, you're having a baby...holy cow!  That's all I can say. One of the happiest moments in my life so far.  
I should mention real quickly that Derek and I decided we were going to wait at least four to five years to have children.  (Ya, I also said I would wait until I was at least 25 to get married...woops!) We changed our mind the month before when we thought that I had gotten pregnant by accident.  By the time I realized I wasn't pregnant, we both realized how disappointing that result was and how bad we actually wanted to be parents.  When we started trying, I think we both thought we would have a good amount of time to mentally prepare before actually getting pregnant.  HA! So when we found out so quickly, we had that "we're having a baby" moment that a lot of parents can relate to i'm sure.  We couldn't be more excited though and we cannot wait to welcome our baby into the world this holiday season!

1 comment:

  1. Loving your blog!! I didn't get to hear all your stories so this is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete